Landon School hired B&D in 2009 to assist with space analysis and programming for a comprehensive renovation of its Lower School. The Lower School was located in the Wilson Building, which had been built in 1945 and last renovated in 1989. It was significantly constrained by its present configuration along with significant deferred maintenance issues, code concerns, lack of an elevator, outdated life safety features, and insufficient library and technology spaces. Our research and analysis led us to develop several layout options for each of the building’s two floors, and each was tested for cost implications. We ensured that all options would fit within the anticipated funding set aside for this renovation and submitted a summary of the scope, budget, and technical requirements of the project. In 2010, we were once again hired as program manager to oversee this 14,000 SF renovation and in 2011 the project moved into the design phase.